Gamesa, Iberdrola Awarded Contract For Honduran Wind Farm

0

A consortium made up of Gamesa and Iberdrola Ingenieria y Construccion has received a contract to build a wind farm in Honduras. The Cerro de Hula wind farm is expected to have 102 MW of installed capacity. Gamesa controls 76% of the venture, while Iberdrola controls the remaining 24%.

The wind farm's customer is Mesoamerica Energy, a company that develops renewable energy projects in Central America and neighboring countries via its local subsidiary, Energia Eolica de Honduras.

The wind project has a 20-year power purchase agreement (PPA) contract with Honduras' Empresa Nacional de Energia Electrica, and will be financed with funds from the U.S. Export-Import Bank and the Central American Bank for Economic Integration.

The contract to build the Cerro de Hula wind farm calls for a turnkey project with scheduled completion in 18 months. The project will consist of 51 Gamesa G87-2 MW wind turbines. The contract includes electricity grid interconnection, land accesses to the site, civil works, transport and electromechanical erection of the wind turbines. In addition, it includes maintenance services for a period of two years from the date the wind farm begins operating.

For Gamesa, the scope of the contract encompasses the manufacture, supply, transport and erection of the wind turbines – including supervision and start-up of the turbines. Meanwhile, Iberdrola will design and build the wind turbine foundations, access roads, and erection platforms. It will also be responsible for construction of the site's operation and maintenance, building, and the design and execution of a system for exporting the wind farm's energy to the grid.

SOURCE: Gamesa

Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of