The American Wind Energy Association (AWEA) announced its new 2010-2011 board of directors, which takes office at a time when the wind industry is in the midst of a major reset and the need has never been greater for policies that encourage growth, create U.S. jobs, and lock in all the benefits that wind power provides, according to the trade association.
The new members joining the board are:
- Jan Blittersdorf of NRG Systems,
- Michael Brower of AWS Truepower,
- Evelyn Carpenter of Solas Energy Consulting,
- John DiDonato of NextEra Energy Resources,
- Ray Harris of MasTec, Inc.,
- Jan Kjaersgaard of Siemens Energy,
- Steve Lockard of TPI Composites,
- Steve Trenholm of E.ON Climate & Renewables North America, and
- Greg Wetstone of Terra-Gen Power.
Also joining the board as advisors are Mike Garland of Pattern Energy Group, John Grabner of Cardinal Fastener and RES Americas' Susan Reilly.
‘As a board, we will use our collective expertise to seize the historic opportunity we have today for the U.S. to become a leader in wind turbine manufacturing and wind power production, says Vic Abate, the new chairman of AWEA's board and also vice president of GE's renewable energy business. ‘But the industry cannot achieve this alone " the government must also play its part by providing policy certainty and a national renewable electricity standard as a clear signal for investors that this nation is committed to renewable energy for the long term.’
Abate was named chairman when the board met at the WINDPOWER 2010 Conference & Exhibition. He replaced Don Furman of Iberdrola Renewables. Ned Hall of AES was named chairman-elect.
For a complete list of the board of directors, click here.
SOURCE: American Wind Energy Association