‘The Guide to Purchasing Green Power’ has been updated to include new information on green power purchasing. The guide provides current and potential buyers of green power with information about the different types of green power products, the benefits of green power purchasing and how to capture the greatest benefit from a green power purchase.
Revisions to the guide include the following:
– updated market information and terminology,
– information on renewable electricity certificate tracking systems,
– guidance on making environmental claims,
– information on power purchase agreements for on-site renewable projects, and
– resources for federal agencies on planning green power purchases or on-site renewable projects.
The guide is a collaborative effort of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power Partnership, the U.S. Department of Energy's Federal Energy Management Program, the World Resources Institute and the Center for Resource Solutions.
SOURCE: Green Power Partnership Â Â