Contributions From European Region Lift Nordex


Contributions From European Region Lift Nordex Primed by strong demand in the company's core European region, turbine maker Nordex posted a double-digit sales increase in the first half of this year.

Nordex says the European region contributed 86% of its total sales in the period. The Americas, notes Nordex, contributed the remaining 14%. The growth was also reflected in production, as turbine assembly rose to 1,013 MW in the first half compared with 579.1 MW in the same period in 2014.

First half operating earnings at Nordex rose 66% to EUR 61.5 million, from earnings of EUR 37.1 million in last year's first half.

Order intake rose by 48.9% to nearly EUR 1.4 billion, from EUR 908.9 million in the same period last year. Consequently, the order backlog climbed by 25.7% to just under EUR 1.8 billion.

As such, Nordex increased its 2015 sales forecast to reach between EUR 2.1 billion to EUR 2.3 billion. The previous forecast called for sales between EUR 1.8 billion to EUR 2.0 billion.

Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Notify of