Wind Works Power Corp. has obtained the two required permits for its 150 MW Thunder Spirit project, located in North Dakota. The company held a 75% interest in the project and has exercised its option to acquire the remaining 25%.
The two principal permits required for Thunder Spirit are a siting permit from Adams County, granted on Sept. 9, and a certificate of site compatibility from the North Dakota Public Service Commission, which was issued on Oct. 9.
An interconnection agreement was signed with the Midcontinent Independent System Operator's power market in February 2012. Wind Works is currently working to secure a power purchase agreement for the project.
"With the permitting now in place, as well as an interconnect agreement, we now only require a power purchase agreement in order to secure financing and commence construction of our Thunder Spirit project," comments Ingo Stuckmann, Wind Works' president and CEO.