Teck Partners With Suncor On Wintering Hills Wind Project

0

Teck Resources Ltd. has signed a joint-venture agreement with Suncor Energy Products Inc. to develop the 88 MW Wintering Hills wind power project.

Under the terms of the agreement, Suncor will own a 70% interest and operate the project, and Teck will own the remaining 30%. Teck expects its total investment in connection with the project to be approximately $66 million.

The 88 MW Wintering Hills wind power project – which received regulatory approval from the Alberta Utilities Commission on June 7 – will consist of 55 GE 1.6 MW turbines located on privately owned land located southeast of Drumheller, Alberta.

Construction on the project began in July and is expected to be complete by the end of 2011.

SOURCE: Teck Resources

Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of