GMP To Install Northern Power Turbine At Selected Customer Site

0

Green Mountain Power (GMP) says it will install and operate a Northern Power100 (NPS 100) wind turbine from Northern Power Systems at a chosen customer site in Vermont.

Businesses, schools, farms, municipalities and community energy committees in GMP's service territory are encouraged to apply to become a host site for this 100 kW permanent-magnet direct-drive wind turbine.

‘This local power project will encourage Vermonters to participate in their energy future, which research has shown leads to more efficient use of energy,’ says Mary Powell, president and CEO of GMP.

GMP will own, operate and maintain the NPS 100 at no cost to the selected customer. The project will be group net metered, with the host site receiving 10% of the energy generated from the NPS 100 and GMP using the remaining 90%.

Additionally, Northern Power Systems will provide Web-based monitoring of the turbine, allowing the host and others in the community to view in real time the renewable power and environmental benefits generated by the NPS 100, according to GMP.

Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of