The International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) and its official magazine, Access International, have launched the first global awards specifically for the access industry. The trophies will be awarded in April in Dublin after the IPAF Summit.
The International Awards for Powered Access celebrate and reward best practice. The categories are:
– IPAF Safety Champion of the Year,
– The Access Rental Company of the Year,
– The Access International New Product of the Year,
– Contribution to Safe Working at Height (rental company),
– Contribution to Safe Working at Height (equipment end user),
– Contribution to Safe Working at Height (manufacturer),
– Mast Climbing Work Platform Achievement Award,
– Access Industry Training Award,
– Access Industry Environmental Award, and
– IPAF/Access International Lifetime Achievement Award.
The awards are open to all companies. In addition, there are a number of awards open to IPAF members only, notably the New IPAF Training Center of the Year and the IPAF Instructor of the Year.
Companies and individuals can enter themselves or nominate others. They can submit entries for more than one award and more than one entry per category. There is no charge for entering. Entries must be for work done in 2008. The deadline for entries is Jan. 30.
A panel of five industry judges will be announced shortly. Entries must be submitted in English on the official entry forms. The entry form is available at ipaf.org.
SOURCE: International Powered Access Federation