Acciona’s First Costa Rican Wind Farm Goes Online

0

Acciona Energia has flipped the switch on the 49.5 MW Chiripa wind farm, the company's first wind project in Costa Rica.

The installation, owned by a consortium in which Acciona holds 65% and local partner Grupo Ecoenergia the remaining 35%, represents a total investment of $125 million. The facility consists of 33 Acciona AW 77/1500 turbines, each with a capacity of 1.5 MW and a rotor diameter of 77 meters. The project's output will be sold to the Instituto Costarricense de Electricidad under a 20-year contract.

With this wind farm, Acciona Energia says it now owns 2,364 MW of renewable projects in operation outside Spain. Of this figure, 2,254 MW correspond to wind power.

Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of