The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Green Power Partnership has announced the 20 primary and secondary schools nationwide that are using the most power from renewable energy sources, such as wind and solar power. The top Green Power Partner schools are buying nearly 113 million kWh of green power annually, according to the EPA.
The five schools that are using the most green power are:
– Austin Independent School District in Austin, Texas;
– Round Rock Independent School District in Round Rock, Texas;
– Rochester City School District in Rochester, N.Y.;
– Bullis School in Potomac, Md.; and
– The Dalton School New York, N.Y.
EPA's Green Power Partnership works with more than 1,100 organizations to voluntarily purchase green power to reduce the environmental impacts of conventional electricity use. Overall, EPA Green Power Partners are buying more than 17 billion kWh of green power annually.