The Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee will hold a hearing on May 17 to discuss The Clean Energy Standard Act of 2012, legislation introduced in March by Sen. Jeff Bingaman, D-N.M.
The following witnesses are expected to testify at the hearing:
- The Honorable David Sandalow, assistant secretary for policy and international affairs at the U.S. Department of Energy;
- Dr. Howard Gruenspecht, acting administrator and deputy administrator at the Energy Information Administration;
- Dr. Karen Palmer, research director and senior fellow at Resources for the Future;
- Judi Greenwald, vice president of technology and innovation at the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions;
- Collin O'Mara, secretary at the Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control;
- Thomas Gibson, president and CEO of American Iron and Steel Institute;
- Keith Trent, group executive and president of commercial businesses at Duke Energy; and
- James Dickenson, managing director and CEO of Jacksonville Electric Authority.