NRG Yield has entered into an agreement with NRG Energy to acquire 75% of the equity interests in a portfolio of wind projects for $210 million in total cash
consideration, subject to working capital adjustments, plus assumed project debt of approximately $145 million and tax equity of approximately $97 million.
According to NRG, the acquired assets – about 814 MW – mainly include those the company obtained from Edison Mission Energy in April 2014. They comprise the following:
- 54 MW Elkhorn Ridge (Bloomfield, Neb.);
- 90 MW San Juan Mesa (Elida, N.M.);
- 161 MW WildoradoÂ (Vega, Texas);
- 21 MW Crosswinds (Ayrshire, Iowa);
- 29 MW Forward (Berlin, Pa.);
- 19 MW Spanish Fork (Spanish Fork, Utah);
- 38 MW Lookout (Berlin, Pa.);
- 15 MW Hardin (Jefferson, Iowa);
- 20 MW Odin (Odin, Minn.);
- 95 MW Sleeping Bear (Woodward, Okla.);
- 150 MW Goat Wind (Sterling City, Texas); and
- 122 MW Elbow Creek (Howard County, Texas).