Maryland Wind Project To Provide Power To Delmarva

Posted by NAW Staff on November 14, 2011 No Comments
Categories : Projects & Contracts

Delmarva Power will receive 40 MW of wind energy and associated renewable energy credits from the recently completed Roth Rock wind facility, located in western Maryland, Pepco Holdings Inc. has announced.

Delmarva signed a 20-year power purchase agreement with Roth Rock in 2008 as part of its renewable energy portfolio for meeting Delaware's clean energy goals, which call for 25% of the company's energy supply to come from clean sources by 2025.

The 50 MW Roth Rock wind farm is owned by Gestamp Wind North America and comprises 20 2.5 MW turbines manufactured by Nordex. Delmarva will purchase 80% of Roth Rock's output, and the remaining 20% will be sold separately to the University System of Maryland, Maryland Department of General Services.

Leave a Comment