The Canadian Wind Energy Association (CanWEA) has announced the nominees for the 2017 CanWEA Awards, which recognize those who have made “outstanding contributions” to Canada’s wind power industry.
The nominees are as follows:
R.J. Templin Award
- Pan-Canadian Wind Integration Study Team – GE Energy Consulting
- Philippe Coulombe-Pontbriand – Renewable Energy Systems Canada Inc.
- Tom Lambert – AWS Truepower LLC
Matt Holder Community Connection Award
- Adam Rosso – Boralex Inc.
- Kruger Energy Inc.
Individual Leadership Award
- Dan Balaban – Greengate Power Corp.
- Jimmy Royer – Natural Resources Canada
- William Sutherland – Manulife Financial
Group Leadership Award
- Alliance éolienne de l’Est
- Créneau d’excellence en éolien Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine
- Government of Alberta
Wind Energy Project Award
- Bull Creek Wind Facility – BluEarth Renewables Inc.
- Niagara Region Wind Farm – Partnership of Boralex Inc., ENERCON Canada Inc. and the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corp.
- Rivière-du-Moulin Wind Farm – EDF EN Canada
“This year’s award nominees exemplify the incredible talent and passion that has made wind energy one of the most exciting and fastest-growing parts of Canada’s energy sector,” comments Robert Hornung, president of the association. “This is our way of showing our appreciation and support to colleagues who have worked so hard to the benefit of us all, and we’re looking forward to celebrating with them at our awards dinner in April.”
The winners will be announced at the CanWEA Awards Dinner, held April 4 in conjunction with the annual CanWEA Spring Forum 2017, which is taking place April 4-5 at the Hilton Lac-Leamy Hotel in Gatineau, Quebec.