The American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE) has announced the election of five new members, including major players from the renewable energy and financial industries, to its board of directors.
Greg Wetstone, ACORE’s president and CEO, says the appointments speak well for ACORE and for “the promise of the renewable energy sector.”
“Our challenge now is to deliver at a level worthy of our exceptional board as ACORE works to accelerate the transition to a renewable energy economy,” he says.
The newly elected board members include the following:
- Jamie Evans, managing director and head of U.S. energy solutions for Panasonic Enterprise Solutions Co., a division of Panasonic Corp. of North America with the mission to bring comprehensive clean technology and energy-efficiency solutions to leading organizations;
- David Giordano, managing director at BlackRock, where he serves as head of the North American investment team and is a member of the Renewable Power Group within BlackRock Alternative Investors;
- Mark Goodwin, president and CEO at Apex Clean Energy Inc., a full-service independent renewable energy company where he oversees the implementation of corporate strategy;
- Ja Kao, president at Onyx Renewable Partners LP, a Blackstone portfolio company focused on renewable energy development; and
- Raymond Wood, managing director and head of global power and renewables at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, where he leads coverage teams across a variety of client sectors, including regulated utilities, independent power, alternative energy and private equity sponsors.
The new board members will serve three-year terms beginning Jan. 1, 2017.
The company notes that Mark Anderson, vice president of EDF Inc. and a sitting ACORE board member, was also reappointed and confirmed by the board to serve an additional three-year term.